E-mail Lacey at: sewingperfect03@gmail.com to schedule your class now. Classes located in Provo, Utah.
Classes are filling up quick so don't wait!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Harry Potter Halloween

She worked so hard to make her family look fantastic.
Themed Halloween Costumes


Before making all of her families costumes, this student had a very basic knowledge of sewing. By the end she learned how to make the following:

Pieces Made:
Corset
Sleeves
Scarfs
Cloaks
Skirts
Overlay skirt

Altered Pieces:
Mans tie to fit infant
Dress: sleeves, neck and ties
Fixed holes on sports coat

Some Techniques Learned:
Hand sewing
French seams
Pleats
Cutting and sewing bias
Grommet placement
Knitting
Hemming
Altering
Pattern making
Pattern alterations

3 comments:

  1. Lacey! Thank you so much for all you have taught me! I was constantly impressed by your knowledge. Things I thought would be impossible were possible with you teaching me. I never could ever have made these costumes without your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast this summer helping you with these costumes. Your family looked amazing on Halloween. Now to think of a theme for next year?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt and I were talking about LOTR's. lol Kids want nothing to do with it. Which has it's advantages. :)

    ReplyDelete